Friday, February 26, 2010

Responsible Learner

Throughout high school I have tried as hard as I can to be a responsible learner. Freshman year myself and one other girl had the highest GPA on the basketball team and we were both in advanced classes. I did my part in both the classroom and on the court. Sophomore year I took junior classes and excelled in most of them and had the same amount of credits, if not more, than some of the seniors that graduated that year. Junior year I was placed in classes with students my age and it surprised and challenged me at the same time because I wasn’t used to kids being at the same level as I was. Going back to being a responsible learner, I have been ahead in all my classes and credits since I was a freshman and this is because I was pushed into being a responsible learner. If this didn’t happen then I would be an average student just taking classes just because the counselor said that’s what I need to graduate. I took the initiative to pick the right classes for me and the classes that would help me get ahead. This is how I have been a responsible learner throughout most of my high school career.

No comments:

Post a Comment