Sunday, March 7, 2010

Civic Duties

As an emerging adult I believe that my civic responsibilities are to set an example for younger people that are growing up in this community. Because they look up to my peers and I, I believe that the bad habits that we pick will be the bad habits that they pick up if we don’t set an example for them. I also believe that as a young emerging adult I owe the community an opportunity to get better. When I graduate from college and go off into the world I believe that coming back to my community and helping is something that I think I should do. Not only because these are the streets that I grew up in but because these are the streets that maybe one day my kids will gro w up in and their kids after them. Besides being a physical therapist and pursuing that dream I am also interested in contributing to the childcare programs in San Diego because I love kids and would some day like to take care of some of my own if that be having them or just babysitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment